Week of Minis and Miniatures

HB and I made a grand plan to spend the week making mini quilts (also called Smalls) and Miniatures (which should look like a big quilt in a photo without a measure for scale)
And then, it has snowed, boy has it snowed. So we are working in our respective little spaces and Zooming for company...
In between sewing teeny blocks I packed some more Oakshott scrap packs, these have been going like the proverbial warm buns
Click Here for a link to buy...

So, I found a charm pack (5 inch squares) of the old hand-woven Oakshott fabrics Autumn colours (21 colours in the original selection) and cut them like this

Then I made 21 little trees, exchanging the colours. Charm pack at the bottom for scale. Tomorrow I will trim these and sew them together in some way...

This is my little design wall at the top of the stairs,  which was all scrappy and full of little bits of paper, so I cleaned it all off and hung up a selection of my earlier pieces for inspiration. And I have made a list of possible ideas which is probably far too long
More tomorrow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.