Snow bound quilts

 I am so glad I brought home some fabric on Sunday when I saw the snow forecast. Hopefully this little lots should give enough to play with!


I started the week making a couple of small quilts rather than true miniatures - I have a great stash of lovely, fine Liberty Tana Lawn and OAKSHOTT which are great for miniatures. I hope to be back in the studio soon so I can play with them.

In the meantime here are the results of the past two days:


Each of these blocks finished to 2.5 inches and the sashing is half an inch (the edges are all square, it's just my photography that's not!) I have hopes of turning this into a little sampler wall hanging with lots of different techniques included.


This is Pinnacle - a design I did some time ago for OAKSHOTT as a wall quilt - time to make it again for my own amusement. Actually, there's always an ulterior motive: I am planning to use these fun blocks in various other small projects. The big ones above were made with charm squares and the smaller ones started with candy squares (2.5 inch)

More later in the week




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.