Not small enough?

I love to make miniatures, I might have said this before but I am saying it again! I needed to make a class sample for the CUBITZ panel I am teaching at KIS Quilting (Ipswich) at the end of January so I can show the lovely ladies there how to face a quilt instead of binding it, since this panel has a shaped lower edge

The coin is just for reference: all will become clear soon

While sewing this panels I was idly wondering how small I could make it. My first instinct, when miniaturising a design, would be to foundation paper piece it, but this design just wouldn't work by that method. So it would have to be just done by accurate cutting and piecing (1/8th inch seams!)

Nailed it!

The fabric used throughout these panels is a lovely woven stripe by OAKSHOTT fabrics, sadly now discontinued. However the new weaving of LONGSHOTT is vibrant and gorgeous - I would recommend that you have a look at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.