Long Time...

...in hospital, time passes like treacle, and I have just had a simultaneous 6 days/5000 years in one noisy over-lit bed. Back home, and my Juki is here, and I've been reading this lovely book in bed before I go to sleep...

Not only a fascinating look at the whys and whatfors as much as the whats (and no patterns, no need) of quilting, but also a delight to hold and look at - a well-made book is always a pleasure. Not easy to see in the photo, but the cover has cut-outs exposing the underneath image. Thomas Knauer has to be one of the most influential voices of Modern Quilting, besides being a jolly nice chap (I recall crawling around in the middle of the Guild stand on top of one of my Tiger quilts explaining curved piecing to him in 2014,  much to the overwhelming horror of the Guild bods looking on.) Modern in a nutshell...
In theory, not out till next week, but I got this on order from my local bookshop last week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.